President Donald Trump now claims that his infamous Access Hollywood tape where he bragged about grabbing women “by the p*ssy,” is a fake, according to a New York Times report.
The revelation was made in an article exploring why Trump has chosen to tacitly endorse Roy Moore despite the political jeopardy attached with such a move.
According to the NYT:
But something deeper has been consuming Mr. Trump. He sees the calls for Mr. Moore to step aside as a version of the response to the now-famous “Access Hollywood” tape, in which he boasted about grabbing women’s genitalia, and the flood of groping accusations against him that followed soon after. He suggested to a senator earlier this year that it was not authentic, and repeated that claim to an adviser more recently.
The Access Hollywood tape came to light, like the Moore sexual assault claims, shortly before the General Election. In addition, both Moore and Trump have called into question their accusers’ accounts.
However, unlike Moore, Trump has actually admitted that — at least when it come to the pussy tape — it is his voice.
He has also apologized.
Back in October 2016, a defiant Trump said this: “[I] never said I’m a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not. I’ve said some things that I regret and the words released today on this more-than-a-decade-old video are one of them.”
He added, “I apologize.”
Here is my statement. pic.twitter.com/WAZiGoQqMQ
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 8, 2016
It is unclear how Trump reconciles this admission with his new claims that the pussy tape is not real.